Friday, January 7, 2011

Transforming is the name and game!

I recently read a book by Shannon O'dell called Transforming Church in Rural America. When I started the book I realized this man kind of reminds me of me. I had moved from a city to a rural area and I can relate to the changes he went through. His book is amazing and has so many insights that will make you laugh and at the same time go "wow! I never thought of that before." He goes into places of the Bible that I had not yet ventured or even saw it the way he had before. Not only does his book give you an insight on how he transformed himself and others but it makes you wake up and smell the fresh air. Not quite the fresh air, but more the pages of the book and your bible. I love how not only are you reading this book, but you revert to the internet too. He has you go watch video clips that are right in the time of the spot of the book you are in. It is an amazing experience as you feel you are walking along this journey with him. I changed as he changed and it was for the better. I highly recommend this book for every single person out there; whether you live in the city or the country, you need to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment