Thursday, October 14, 2010

Prison and Birthdays

I have recently been blessed to be able to read the first few pages out of Carol Kents book Between a Rock and a Grace Place! So far what I had read was very touching and moved me..I could relate to her story because my father had spent time in prison; however, a childs father and a mothers son is two totally different stories. Since her book I have been praying for JP, her son, and wondering how many people stopped talking to him because he gave up his life so that his stepdaughters would never be hurt by their father again. Yesterday was JP's birthday and I was blessed again to be given his address to mail him a birthday card. I got pretty computer paper with designs from the Dollar Store and wrote a birthday letter to him. I was able to spend eight dollars on 20 stamps to send him so he can write his family :) I hope I made a small difference in a strangers life.
Do you know someone in prison or who has been in prison? It can get lonely and very hard...if you would like to know more about Jason Kents story you should read Carol Kents book that I mentioned above :)
Also, if you would like to be able to send JP a birthday letter, card or even some stamps as a late birthday present please let me know and I will get his information to you. Thank-you for making a small difference in a strangers life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment